MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on GHS Container Labels discusses the HAZCOM Standard, the advantages of the GHS, and how the information on HAZMAT container labels can help employees to work safely with hazardous materials. As required by OSHA's "HAZCOM Standard", HAZMAT container labels provide employees with important information about hazardous substances in their workplace and how to handle them safely. They communicate this information according to rules established by the Globally Harmonized System (GHS). Areas included in the program include the goals of the Hazard Communication Standard, the benefits of the GHS system, GHS hazard pictograms, the text elements of GHS container labels and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand the role that the Globally Harmonized System plays in OSHA's HAZCOM Standard.
- Know how GHS container labels communicate HAZMAT information to the people who work with them.
- Understand how the GHS system helps to make information about hazardous materials "user friendly".
- Know the elements of a GHS container label and the types of information that they convey.