MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Fire Prevention in the Office looks at the fire hazards that can be encountered in office environments, discuss how fires can be prevented, and explain what employees should do in case a fire emergency occurs in their workplace. Every year more than one million fire emergencies are reported in the U.S., with over 3,000 of them taking place in offices. They cause more than $100 million in damage as well as thousands of injuries and hundreds of deaths. Areas included in the program include information on how fires burn, the four most common classes of fires, extinguishing fires, preventing fires in the office, dealing with a fire emergency, and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand how fires burn and how they can be extinguished.
- Recognize common fire hazards in office environments.
- Know safe practices that can help to prevent workplace fires.
- Know what to do if a fire occurs in their workplace.