MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Loading Dock Safety reviews the different types of hazards that employees can encounter while working on loading docks, as well as discusses the equipment and safe work practices that they should use to avoid them. A loading dock full of hustle and bustle is a sign of a healthy business, but all that activity can increase the hazards that employees are exposed to, and lead to injuries and even fatalities. Areas included in the program include safe working procedures, preventing slips, trips and falls, docking transport vehicles, operating materials handling equipment on a loading dock and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand the hazards that are associated with working on a loading dock.
- Understand the hazards that can be created by the transport vehicles that load and unload there.
- Know the equipment and safe work practices that should be used to avoid these hazards.
- Know how to prevent accidents and injuries when operating materials handling equipment on a loading dock.