MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Conflict Resolution in the Office discusses different types of conflict that you may encounter in the office, how to find lasting solutions to disagreements, and what to do if conflict threatens to get out of control. In a workplace, conflicts that are handled appropriately can be a source of innovation and positive change... both for employees and the companies they work for. But when conflicts go unresolved, they can raise stress levels, interfere with business and even lead to physical violence. Areas included in the program include understanding workplace conflict, responses that can make things worse, resolving conflicts effectively, how to handle a confrontation and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand how workplace conflicts can harm employees and the companies they work for.
- Know responses they should avoid when faced with conflict.
- Know the process they should follow to resolve disputes in their office.
- Know how to prevent a confrontation from escalating into violence.