MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Safety Orientation discusses common job-related hazards and the safe practices and equipment that employees can use to avoid injuries. Every year, on-the-job accidents cause millions of painful and sometimes debilitating injuries, and cost American businesses almost $90 billion dollars in medical bills, lost wages and lost productivity. But most of these incidents are preventable. Areas included in the program include preparing mentally for the job, safety housekeeping and accident prevention, personal protective equipment, safe work practices, preparing for emergencies and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand how thinking "safety first" can help to prevent accidents, injuries and illnesses on the job.
- Be able to recognize common workplace hazards.
- Know safe work practices and equipment you can use to avoid these hazards.
- Know how you should prepare ahead of time for workplace emergencies.