MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Hazard Communication in Industrial Facilities both introduces employees to the Hazard Communication regulations and provides training on the various groups of chemicals found in the industrial environment. Created specifically to assist auto service facilities of all types in complying with federal, state and municipal Hazard Communication regulations, the course addresses the major education and training requirements in these chemical hazard laws. Areas covered in the course include background of the regulation, GHS Safety Data Sheets and container labels, toxins, corrosives and irritants; flammables, combustibles and gases; carcinogens and radiation, exposure situations, personal protective equipment and chemical storage, spills and clean-up and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand how to use Safety Data Sheets and container labels to get information about hazardous chemicals.
- Know what types of chemicals are typically hazardous.
- Know how to work safely with hazardous chemicals.
- Understand how to store chemicals safely.
- Know what to do in case of a hazardous spill.