MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Slips, Trips and Falls in Construction Environments discusses the mechanics of slips, trips and falls, the types of hazards that employees are likely to encounter that lead to them, and the safe practices and equipment that they can use to stay safely on their feet. Slips, trips and falls are no laughing matter. They're involved in most of the accidents that occur in workplaces every day. They cause 17% of disabling occupational injuries and 15% of on-the-job fatalities. But slips, trips and falls can be prevented. Areas included in the program include center of gravity and maintaining balance, the mechanics of trips and slips, types of walking surfaces, housekeeping and maintenance, how footwear can help to prevent falls, how to fall properly and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Know what hazards are associated with slips, trips and falls on a job site.
- Understand how the human body maintains its stability while walking, standing and working.
- Be able to recognize slip, trip and fall hazards in a construction area.
- Know the procedures you should follow to avoid slips, trips and falls.