MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on HAZWOPER Confined Space Entry is designed to help employees understand how to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in confined space work environments as required by OSHA's HAZWOPER regulation (29 CFR 1910.120). As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials. Areas in the course include: definitions of confined spaces, hazards encountered in confined spaces, OSHAs permit-space entry program, duties and responsibilities of the entry team, atmospheric testing, protecting entrants in hazardous atmospheres, the use of lifelines in rescue operations, and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Be able to describe the types of hazards that confined spaces may contain.
- Know what information must be listed on an "Entry Permit".
- Be able to describe the procedure for monitoring a confined space's atmosphere for hazards.
- Know the equipment and safety measures used to protect workers entering confined spaces.
- Understand the responsibilities of each member on a confined space entry team.