MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on HAZWOPER Fire Prevention is designed to help facilities comply with OSHA's HAZWOPER regulation (29 CFR 1910.120). As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials. The course helps employees understand the hazards of fire when combined with hazardous material. Areas covered in the course include the three components of fire, sources of ignition, types of fuel, the four classes of fire, approved storage containers, safety measures during a chemical spill, using fire extinguishers, evacuation procedures, and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Know how various "ignition sources" can start fires.
- Understand what types of substances can fuel fires.
- Be able to describe how the different "classes" of fires are extinguished.
- Know how to identify fire hazards, and what can be done to prevent fires from starting.
- Understand what to do if a fire occurs.