MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on HAZWOPER Personal Protective Equipment is designed to help facilities comply with OSHA's HAZWOPER regulation (29 CFR 1910.120). As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials. The course instructs employees on the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (such as chemical protective clothing) as well as how to remove contaminants that accumulate on clothing and equipment. Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations, and can be found on many types of job sites. It is so important that employees know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances, as well as how to handle and dispose of them properly, that OSHA mandates that anyone working with these substances receive comprehensive training in this area. Areas covered in the course include safe work practices, engineering controls, levels of personal protection, heat stress, the need for decontamination, the Contamination Reduction Corridor (CRC), and more.
- Upon completion of this course, employees should:
- Know what equipment is considered to be PPE.
- Understand the various levels of PPE and when each should be used.
- Recognize the differences between the major types of respirators.
- Know how to deal with potentially adverse effects of PPE on your ability to work safely.