MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Distracted Driving provides the information employees need to drive cars, vans and small trucks safely, both on and off the job. We've all seen them, drivers on the road drinking a cup of coffee, putting on make-up, eating a snack…and talking on their cell phones. More and more people every day, it seems, are doing something other than paying attention to traffic when they're behind the wheel. It's called distracted driving. Areas covered in the course include information the cost of distracted driving, multi-tasking, technology and distraction, eliminating distractions before you drive, cell phones, fighting distraction on the road, and more.
- Upon completing this course, employees should:
- Recognize the three types of driver distraction.
- Be able to explain how distraction results from specific driver behaviors.
- Understand how to avoid becoming distracted when driving.
- Know how to protect themselves from distracted drivers.