MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse… for Employees discusses the hazards of substance abuse, how employees can avoid them and what they can do to help keep their workplace drug and alcohol-free. In the United States there are over 38 million binge drinkers, almost 25 million illegal drug users and more than 6 million people who abuse prescription drugs... and most of them have jobs. Substance abuse directly affects the user's personality, health and ability to function safely in a workplace. It can also decrease productivity, create a hostile work environment and damage their company's reputation. Areas included in the program include information on substances that are often abused, alcohol, marijuana and other depressants, stimulants and narcotics, how people get hooked, drug dependency, becoming a substance abuser, alcohol and drug policies, overcoming substance abuse and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand the hazards that are associated with drug and alcohol abuse.
- Know commonly abused substances and their effects.
- Understand the policies that employers use to control substance abuse in their facilities.
- Know what they can do to avoid the hazards of substance abuse.