MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse… for Managers and Supervisors discusses drug and alcohol abuse, the damage it causes to workers and the businesses that employ them, and what should be done to create and maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Most substance abusers have jobs. In fact, it is estimated that one out of every ten workers has a drug or alcohol problem. Their behavior "under the influence" can decrease productivity, create a hostile work environment and damage a company's reputation. Worst of all it can significantly increase the chances of workplace incidents and injuries. Areas included in the program include information on how substance abuse can affect a workplace, what substances are abused, laws you need to know about, creating a drug and alcohol-free workplace, substance abuse education and testing, recognizing on-the-job substance abuse, handling substance abuse situations, and more.
- Upon completing the course, they should:
- Understand how substance abuse can harm a business and increase workplace hazards.
- Understand policies and procedures that can help create a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Know how to implement these policies and procedures.
- Know how to recognize and respond to on-the-job substance abuse.