MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Office Ergonomics addresses ergonomic problems as well as potential adverse effects and pragmatic solutions to these problems in an office environment. Every job makes a different set of demands on the body. By using proper ergonomic techniques, employees will be safer and more productive... and feel better at the end of the day. MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Office Ergonomics stresses the practical actions employees can take to help deal with ergonomic problems in the office. Areas covered in the course include physiology of the body, parts of the body most affected, eye strain, pragmatic preventative measures, correct use of office equipment, exercises and stress release, and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand the nature of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
- Recognize which of their work activities can lead to pain and injury.
- Know how they can adjust their work environment to prevent ergonomic injuries.
- Be able to perform exercises to relieve physical and mental strain on the job.