MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Handling a Sexual Harassment Investigation provides managers and supervisors with the information they need to identify sexual harassment in their departments, gather facts about an incident of harassment and resolve the situation fairly. Sexual harassment can be devastating for its victims as well as the companies that they work for. It's also illegal. When it occurs, sexual harassment must be addressed quickly, fairly and with compassion, so a company can minimize workplace disruption, avoid lawsuits or fines, and preserve the organization's reputation. Areas included in the program include information on what sexual harassment is, company policy and preventing harassment, conducting an ethical investigation, beginning and investigation, gathering the facts, resolving the situation and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand how sexual harassment in a workplace can affect people and businesses.
- Understand what a company can do to prevent and control sexual harassment.
- Know how to conduct an effective and ethical investigation of reported sexual harassment.
- Know how a case of sexual harassment can be resolved in a fair and just manner.