MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Preventing Sexual Harassment... for Employees provides employees with the information they need to help prevent sexual harassment in their workplace, and deal with it effectively if it does occur. Sexual harassment can be devastating for its victims as well as for the companies they work for. It's also illegal. But the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission still receives more than 10,000 sexual harassment complaints from U.S. workers every year. Areas included in the program include information on what sexual harassment is, understanding offensive behavior, company policy and appropriate conduct, what to do if someone crosses the line, reporting a sexual harassment incident, and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand the problem of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Understand what types of behavior are considered to be sexually harassing.
- Know how to respond to another person's offensive behavior.
- Know how to report sexual harassment to their supervisor or the Human Resources Department.