MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Workplace Harassment in the Office discusses what harassment is, why it is detrimental to everyone, how employees should respond to it and what they can do to prevent it from escalating into violence. Employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity while they're on the job. But every year, tens of millions of U.S. workers report that they have experienced some type of "harassment" at work. This offensive behavior is bad for people and for business. It's also illegal. And it doesn't have to happen. Areas included in the program include what harassment is, discrimination, sexual harassment and the law, responding to harassment, preventing workplace harassment, dealing with a stalker and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand how workplace harassment can harm people and organizations.
- Understand the relationship between workplace harassment and discrimination.
- Know how to recognize and respond to workplace harassment and "stalking".
- Know what they can do to prevent harassment from escalating into workplace violence.