MARCOM's Video On Demand (VOD) program on Workplace Violence discusses how employees can help to prevent violence in their facilities and respond safely if aggression takes place. Workplace violence costs businesses more than $100 billion dollars in lost revenue annually. At least two million workers report being assaulted on the job every year. And one in ten fatalities that occur in the workplace is a homicide. But workplace violence can be prevented. Areas included in the program include information on what violence is, warning signs to watch for, handling aggressive behavior, avoiding injury if violence does occur and more.
- Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Understand the hazards that are associated with violent behavior in the workplace.
- Know the different types of behavior that are considered to be violent.
- Recognize signs that can give advanced warning that a person is likely to become violent.
- Know how to respond when aggressive or violent behavior occurs on the job.